DOT Physical Exam in San Diego CA
$75 DOT-DMV-CDL Physical
No Appointment Necessary.
Same-Day Appointments Available.
Get your CDL medical physical exam in 30 minutes, in 3 EASY STEPS:
-Just bring a smiling face, a way to pay, and a need to pee–
STEP 1. Fill out a 1-page brief health history
STEP 2. Complete your DOT physical exam with doctor Paul Trentalange, D.C. who is a medical certified examiner for FMCSA.
- Review of brief medical history
- Height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, range of motion,
- Breathing, eyes, ears
- Discuss special medical conditions
- Urinalysis for basic urinalysis test
STEP 3. We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You get a DOT medical card for your CDL to keep with you at all times you are driving.
- You get 2 copies of the DOT physical form, one for your CDL, one for the company. If you need, we will also fax the DOT physical form to your company.
- We will keep a scan copy of your DOT physical form on file at our office.
- Payment is $75.00* for cash, credit, or company check.
To schedule an Appointment – Call (619) 922-5064
To ensure we’ll be available at the time you want, call (619) 922-5064 to set up an appointment with Dr. Trentalange for your DOT Physical exam. Contact us.
DOT Physical Exam: Things to Plan in Advance:
If you have a medical condition you’re going to need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition – Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- High Blood Pressure - Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- Heart Condition – If you’ve had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you’ll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- Sleep Apnea – Bring a copy of your latest sleep test results, if you have one.
- Medications – List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
- Contact information – Have names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax missing information.
DOT Physical Exam: Things To Do to Manage Your Blood Pressure:
- Make sure you don’t run out of your prescribed blood-pressure medication.
- Remember to take your medication on schedule. If you forget, most doctors recommend taking your medication as soon as possible.
- If you’re significantly late taking your medication, tell the doctor conducting the DOT physical you forgot to take your regular medication. If your blood pressure is too high, ask to have it rechecked later that day – or even the following day.
Cutting back on caffeine and nicotine can help improve your blood pressure.
- Reducing the amount of salty foods you eat and avoiding adding salt to your food can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- The week before your DOT physical exam, cut back on coffee, sodas, energy drinks, potato chops, etc, and don’t add salt to your food. Also reduce your use of nicotine as much as possible. Doing this can help lower your blood pressure reading.
The Day of the DOT Physical Exam:
- Remember to bring the medical records you’ve prepared in advance, including your list of medications.
- Remember to bring eye glasses and /or hearing aid (it’s surprising how many people forget this).
- Drink water. Come with a need to pee.
Getting Past ‘White Coat’ Syndrome:
- First off, we understand that this is a very real concern for some drivers.
- Secondly, we work with drivers all day long. We understand that passing your DOT physical exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we’re here to do everything we can to help you.
- Lastly, there are no white coats in our clinic.
What Drivers Are Saying
Back Pain? Neck Pain? Shoulder Pain? Leg Pain?
Repetitive strain injury builds up over time in long distance drivers. Many drivers come in to see us with back pain. One of the injuries we see often is ‘truckers shoulder‘. Others come in with hip and leg pain. Chiropractic adjustment is a key treatment Dr. Trentalange use to help patients get out of pain and improve their ability to perform their work.
Tips For DOT Physical
At San Diego Chiropractic Wellness we do DOT Physical Exams.
Quick, accurate, and hassle free.
Your DOT doctor at San Diego Chiropractic Wellness is Dr. Paul Trentalange. Most drivers just call him “Doc”. Our goal at San Diego Chiropractic Wellness is twofold: To support you in protecting your livelihood, and to help you with improved lifestyle choices for your health and for your life. We do our best to help you prepare for your DOT physical exam and make your CDL medical certification as hassle free as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at (619) 922-5064 today!
|Monday||9am - 6:30pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 6:30pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 6:30pm|
|Thursday||9am - 6:30pm|
|Friday||9am - 6:30pm|
2615 Camino Del Rio South #100
San Diego, CA 92108